Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MEET MARGARET DIETRICH

Currently taking Stonewall by storm in its open mic competition, Stonewall Sensation, Margaret Dietrich makes her debut with Beautiful Soup in the ensemble of A DOLL'S LIFE. To learn more about her, read our interview below -- or go down to Stonewall on Christopher Street every Wednesday at 10:30 to hear her singing the roof off!

With hundreds of casting calls a week in this city, what attracted you to this project? Two things. One, I got my degree in Musical Theatre but have always trained classically and wanted a chance to blend the two with the operatic score of "A Doll's Life" Also, I am a big musical nerd and always have a heart for the underproduced/flop shows... "Carrie" anyone?


What do you hope audience members come away with after seeing the show? A renewed appreciation/peaked interest in flop musicals!


Who or what inspired you to go into theatre? Watching The Sound of Music on video at age 8


What's your dream role?  Violet in Violet, Sister Mary Robert in Sister Act

Who is your hero and why?  My grandma, who selflessly cared for my aunt for 20 years while she battled ALS, and who is also the self-appointed "president of my fan club."  :)


What's the greatest experience you've had on stage? The Wedding Singer, my last show at OCU before I graduated. I got to play a handful of really fun small roles in the ensemble, the highlight of which was probably my star turn as a twinkie-shoving "Large Lady", complete with giant saggy fake boobs.


Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? ONE!? There are so many! I'm gonna aim high and say Barbara Cook. I'm completely obsessed with her.


What's your favorite musical/play and why? This is like asking me to choose my favorite child! I have lots, but I would probably say Side Show, because the score has some exceptionally romantic/beautiul moments, and what's better than BELTING siamese twins!?


What's your favorite ice cream? Coffee!


Nora or a Torvald? TEAM NORA.

No comments:

Post a Comment