Thursday, November 3, 2011

MEET KRISTIN M. SGARRO

Kristin is making her Beautiful Soup debut as Anne-Marie in "A Doll's House" this January. Learn more about her in her interview with us here:

1. With hundreds of casting calls a week in this city, what attracted you to this project? I love modern theatre; also, Cristina is sneaky.

2. What do you hope audience members come away with after seeing the show? I would love for audiences to come away with anything at all; I have faith they'll get something from it. But seeing a piece like ours that caused such controversy when it was written makes me hope that people see that time is constantly changing and things are constantly moving forward. Who knows what is controversial now that in a century will be considered quite the opposite?

3. Who or what inspired you to go into theatre? I've always liked to go on the emotional journeys of different characters; you can learn from them, play around with them, and best of all, be one of them for a short while.

4. What's your dream role? The Scottish Queen, when I reach the appropriate seasoning.

5. Who is your hero and why? Shakespeare. He was concurrently ahead of his time and timeless. He also marries words with music in a kind of poetry that reaches levels beyond logical comprehension; and being an actor and a musician, I really appreciate that on many levels.

6. What's the greatest experience you've had on stage? I've had several; a couple that come to mind are both instances where my character(s) died - and I think I enjoy those moments so much is because death is the one thing that no one in themselves can experience BEFORE going onstage. Countless choices are up for grabs, and that's a liberating feeling.

7. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? ...can I request Trey Parker and Matt Stone? They're one person, really.

8. What's your favorite musical/play and why? Old favorite play: Hamlet - a classic of psychological torment containing speeches identifying why people do what they do, good or bad, right or wrong. New favorite play: On Ego, by Mick Gordon and A.C. Grayling... and you'll have to read that to find out why.

9. What's your favorite ice cream? Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby.

10. Nora or a Torvald? ...Norvald.

No comments:

Post a Comment