Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Meet Jordan Shaner, who makes his Beautiful Soup debut in the ensemble of A Doll's Life this coming January. With an extensive background in opera, Jordan returns to the musical theater stage to work on this rare revival. Learn more about him in his interview below...


With hundreds of casting calls a week in this city, what attracted you to this project? The opportunity to work with colleagues around my own age on a project that was focused on in depth ensemble work.

What do you hope audience members come away with after seeing the show? A new perspective on ANYTHING. Coincidentally, I also hope for it myself. 

Who or what inspired you to go into theatre? I always loved pretending. 

What's your dream role? Sweeney Todd, or Figaro. I've always secretly wanted to be a barber.

Who is your hero and why? Honestly, my grandfather, who came to this country a survivor, but never allowed himself to become a martyr or victim. He put the past behind him and he prospered in the moment.

What's the greatest experience you've had on stage? I was in a "viewpoints" production of Robert Ward's opera The Crucible. It changed the way I approach the work.

Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to? Anne Bogart 

What's your favorite musical/play and why? I love the old classics and Sondheim. Can't pick a favorite. 

What's your favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chip.

Nora or a Torvald? Torvald.

1 comment: