Friday, January 6, 2012

MEET PAUL ALEXANDER HUGHES

Check out this interview we recently did with DOLL'S LIFE stage manager PAUL ALEXANDER HUGHES. It's his first time working with the Soup, and we're so glad to have him!

1. With hundreds of casting calls a week in this city, what attracted you to this project?
I've always loved the play "A Doll's House" (I even did the final scene once in college), doing the musical sequel sounded like an opportunity I didn't want to miss.

2. What do you hope audience members come away with after seeing the show?
I hope that audience members come away from a performance feeling pleased, happy, delighted, and any array of other positive emotions.

3. Who or what inspired you to go into theatre?
A passion for creative and artistic expression through the portrayal of another person's experiences.

4. What's your dream role? 
The Man in Chair, "The Drowsy Chaperone"

5. Who is your hero and why?
Douglas Adams

6. What's the greatest experience you've had on stage?
Working as M.C. for various dance recitals during school, and the experience it gave me doing stand-up comedy.

7. Who is the one person you haven't worked with that you would like to?
I would love to meet, let alone work with, Tina Fey.

8. What's your favorite musical/play and why?
"The Drowsy Chaperone." For some weird reason, the musical speaks to me in a way that no other shows to. It is a piece in which I would change nothing, and that I consider to be perfect.

9. What's your favorite ice cream?
All.

10. Nora or a Torvald?
Torvald. I'm a realist.

No comments:

Post a Comment